Become an insider!
Get our latest payroll and small business articles sent straight to your inbox.
At Wagepoint, we’re all about showing small businesses love every day of the year, and we like to turn up the dial during celebratory weeks and events. Cue us being excited for Canadian Small Business Week!
Organized annually by the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC), Canadian Small Business Week celebrates entrepreneurs and small businesses owners for the amazing work they do. It’s also a chance for small business owners and entrepreneurs to up their game by learning new things and networking.
Did you know that small and medium-sized businesses make up 1.2 million businesses in Canada? That’s an incredible number of entrepreneurs out there bringing their dreams to life one day and one customer at a time and being an integral part of society.
In celebration of this week, we’ve gathered some of our best resources to help you build, learn and be inspired in your small business journey.
Build an unbreakable small business.
There are so many ways for small business owners and entrepreneurs to strengthen themselves and their businesses overall. Thinking about things from productivity to marketing to navigating the emotional side of small business and entrepreneurship can be overwhelming, but don’t worry. Take a deep breath and tackle things down one at a time.
Here are some of our favourite small business blogs that can help you build an unbreakable small business.
- Productivity Hacks and Time Management Tools For Small Businesses
- 10 Ways To Be A More Inclusive Employer That Employees Love
- Sharing Your Small Business Brand Through Awesome Marketing
- Unshakable Confidence: How To Manage Imposter Complex In Business
- Pathways To An Emotionally Intelligent Small Business
Mastering your small business payroll.
If your small business has grown or is growing to where you can bring on an employee, that’s awesome! Can we join you in a happy dance?
Having a handle on payroll before you get started can save you a lot of time and stress later. Even if you’ve already started your small business payroll journey, it doesn’t hurt to brush up on your payroll knowledge so that you can get your people paid with confidence.
- Payroll 101: How To Become An Employer & Set Up Payroll For Small Businesses (Canada)
- The Everything Guide to Small Business Payroll Reports
- Payroll Compliance Keeps Your Small Business Out Of Trouble — AKA Why Payroll Compliance Matters
- Small Business All-In-One Resource For T4s
Inspiration from other small business owners.
Hearing stories from others who get it can be a powerful thing — they know what it’s like to be in the small business trenches and to triumph over all kinds of challenges.
Given that, we wanted to share some stories from Wagepoint customers that can inspire you in your small business journey. Here are a few Canadian small business owners rocking their entrepreneurial exploits with the help of Wagepoint.
- How Flux Connectivity Overcame The Challenge Of Processing Payroll For Contractors And Employees
- Walk the Store Adds Wagepoint To Its Tech Stack Shelves
- Payroll Simplicity And Functionality By Design For Dubbeldam
- Canadian Payroll Software For Canadian Business With Willful
- A+ Payroll Software For The St. Lawrence Academy
- Sailing The Payroll Seas With Captains Cabin Cafe
Other ways to keep the small business magic flowing.
Fortifying a small business doesn’t happen all at once. It’s a process and constant build, so it helps to have resources that you can return to. Here are a few from those of us here at Wagepoint.