Become an insider!
Get our latest payroll and small business articles sent straight to your inbox.
Tax rate updates for 2023.
December 28, 2022 will be the earliest date to process your first payroll for 2023. Updates to the payroll tax tables for 2023 will be completed within Wagepoint by December 27, 2022.
Employees with tax reduction at source or reduced EI rates.
- Employees with reduction at source deductions can apply to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in November – there’s no need to wait until 2023! This can be done using the T1213 form.
- If any of your employees receive a CRA issued “Tax Reduction at Source” notice, please send a copy of the form to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can make the necessary adjustments on our end. You can also submit a ticket directly from within Wagepoint.
- If your company is subject to a NEW reduced EI rate, email email@example.com and provide the EI rate before you process your first payroll for 2023.
Provincial employer taxes.
Employer Health Tax (EHT) in Ontario
- Please note that EHT exemptions will restart for the first payroll of 2023.
- Wagepoint can only handle the EHT remittances on your behalf. Ensure you complete and file the EHT Annual Return by the deadline of March 15, 2023 either via mail or online using ONT-TAXS.
- Click here for more information on EHT.
Health Services Fund (HSF) in Québec
- Update the HSF rate in the Company > Company info tab. The update must be made after you run your last payroll of 2022, once reports are available, but before you run your first payroll in 2023.
- Click here for more information on HSF.
Contribution related to Labour Standards in Québec
- This is an annual employer contribution that should be reported and paid using the remittance slip of the RL-1 summary by February 28, 2023.
- Click here for more information on the Contribution related to Labour Standards.
Updates to CRA remittance schedules.
If you have received any notifications from the CRA regarding a change to your current remittance schedule, please update your Remittance Schedule in the Company > Company info tab with your new frequency for 2023. The update must be made after you run your last payroll of 2022, once reports are available, but before you run your first payroll in 2023.
We’re here to help.
Contact Wagepoint’s customer support by submitting a ticket directly within the app, or sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.