At present, our website and mobile applications are directed at users in the Canada and the United States. If you are not a resident of Canada or the United States, please do not use our website or mobile applications.
We may ask Users or representatives of their employers to provide the following personal information as well as other personal information, as appropriate and necessary for payroll processing, for the provision of Services and for other purposes identified herein or otherwise communicated to Users:
We may collect personal information concerning Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to: when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources, which we may make available on our Site.
We also receive and send data from our servers and from your browser when you visit our Site, and use our application, including your IP address, the time and information about the page you requested and the website through which you were linked to our Site, if any, browser name and version, the type of computer, technical information about a your means of connection to our Site (such as the operating system and the Internet service provider utilized), as well as other similar information. We may use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including the following: keeping count of return visits to our Site; accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Site usage; and determining which features Users like best. We also use software that tracks certain keystrokes and logs keystrokes and mouse clicks for certain data fields for the purpose of customer technical support.
We may collect and use Users’ personal information for various purposes, including:
• To improve customer service - information provided by Users helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
• To improve our Site - we may use feedback provided by Users to improve our products and services.
• To provide the Services - we use information provided by Users when running a payroll to provide service to that payroll.
• To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature - to send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
• To send periodic emails - we may use the email address provided by Users to send them information and updates pertaining to their payroll, reports, and other payroll processing issues. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
Ordinarily we ask for consent to collect, use or disclose personal information, except in specific circumstances where collection, use or disclosure without consent is authorized or required by law. We may assume your consent in cases where you volunteer information for an obvious purpose. You should therefore not volunteer information that you do not want us to see, save or share.
You may withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information at any time, unless the personal information is necessary for us to fulfil our reasonable business or legal obligations. We will respect your decision, but we may not be able to provide you with certain Services if we do not have the necessary personal information.
Personal information collected by Wagepoint Inc., Wagepoint Holdings USA, Inc., and Wagepoint USA, Inc. or on behalf of Wagepoint Inc., Wagepoint Holdings USA, Inc., and Wagepoint USA, Inc. will be stored on servers located in the United States and Canada. Where personal information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of that foreign jurisdiction, and may be accessible to that jurisdiction’s governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
We may share your personal information when authorized by law or as follows:
• Third-party or affiliated service providers. We may hire service providers, some of which may be affiliates, to perform services on our behalf, such as client support, identity verification, banking, or credit solutions to mitigate risk, or to help us operate our business and the Site or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We provide them only with the information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services, which they have been engaged to provide. We will protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements requiring that those third parties adhere to confidentiality and adequate security procedures.
• As permitted or required by law. From time to time, we may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or enquiry. In these circumstances, we will protect the interests of Users by making reasonable efforts to ensure that orders or demands comply with the laws under which they were issued, that it discloses only the personal information that is legally required and nothing more, and that it does not comply with casual requests for personal information from government or law enforcement authorities. We may also disclose information to our accountants, auditors, agents and lawyers in connection with the enforcement or protection of our legal rights. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement and emergency services providers, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law. We may also release certain personal information where otherwise permitted or required by law.
• Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy legislation. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
We will retain and use your information for as long as needed to provide you services, to maintain a record of your transaction(s) and/or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form for analysis, research, and marketing purposes.
Our website and mobile applications are not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor do we knowingly collect information from children under 13, and we request that they do not submit any Personal Information through our website or mobile applications.
Upon request received by us in writing, individuals shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information records and shall be given access to that information. Requests to access personal information should be directed to our Privacy Officer:
We respond to requests for access to personal information within thirty (30) days of receipt of the request, or as may be permitted in accordance with applicable privacy legislation. A fee for reasonable costs incurred may be charged when responding to more complex requests, if authorized by law. The individual will be informed of the applicable fee.
Requested information will be provided in a form that is generally understandable.
Individuals are permitted either to view the original record, or to request a copy, subject to limitations as permitted or required by law. To preserve the integrity of the record and to ensure that documents are not removed, individuals wishing to view an original record will do so at our head office and under the supervision of designated personnel.
We will only refuse access to information about you in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation. In the event that we refuse to provide access to information, it will provide you with the reasons for its refusal upon request. Exceptions may include information that contains references to or opinions of other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. We will respond to your requests for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
Personal information shall be kept as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. To this end, Users should ensure that the personal information, which they have provided us, is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible.
Individuals have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of their personal information, which is maintained by us, and to have it amended as appropriate.
Individuals seeking a correction or amendment to their personal information should direct their requests in writing to the Privacy Officer:
If the individual is not satisfied with the results of the request, we shall internally document the issue, and provide a response. The existence of the unresolved challenge will be transmitted to third parties, as appropriate.
We have adopted appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure and destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and other information collected via our Site.
The transmission of information via the Site happens over a SSL-secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Nonetheless, transmission of information on the Internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent to us electronically via our Site, by email or otherwise. Transmission of such information is therefore entirely at your own risk.
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request a notice regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to any of our partners for the partners’ direct marketing purpose. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us at [email protected] Please allow 30 days for a response.
We do not track our users and visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Consequently, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Other third party websites may keep track of your browsing activities when they provide you with content, which enables them to customize what they present to you on their websites.
Any concern or issue about our personal information handling practices may be made, in writing, to the Privacy Officer. Upon verification of the User’s identity, the Privacy Officer will act promptly to investigate the complaint and provide a written report to the User. If the User is dissatisfied with the report provided by the Privacy Officer, or feels that the corrective action taken by Wagepoint Inc. is insufficient, the User may direct a complaint to the provincial Privacy Commissioner in the province where they reside or, if applicable to the Federal Privacy Commissioner, in writing.