In this Article:

Get started with Wagepoint

It would be great if the only thing you had to do to register your business with the government was to get your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and be done with it.

However, to be a payroll-compliant small business, you also need to apply for your State Withholding Identification number as well as your State Unemployment Identification number, both of which helps the state and local tax agencies ensure that your tax filings and deposits are going to the right account.

In my guest post for NextGenJustice, you can get all the details on who should apply, the obvious and not-so obvious benefits of applying for your State-specific Tax IDs in time. Read the full post here: Why you should apply for a State Tax ID sooner rather than later.

NextGenJustice is a U.S. based tribe of Legal Solutions Managers who provide fast, legal relief for startups and small business owners in the U.S. Check out the Wagepoint marketplace to get access to the NextGenJustice Startup Starter kit, exclusively priced at $199 for the Wagepoint community.